Denver International Airport offers the greatest selection of flights and services has the most direct domestic and international flights. In the late fall it is a relatively short highway drive or shuttle ride from Breckenridge. Domestic flyers may be able to catch a flight into the municipal Eagle County airport but flight availability is limited.
- Location: About 1 hour and 45 minutes from Summit County, Denver International Airport is located 12 miles off Interstate 70 and 25 miles east of downtown Denver.
- Airlines: The tenth-busiest and third-largest airport in the world, DEN hosts over 17 major airlines flying directly to dozens of domestic and several international destinations.
- Airport Services: Denver International Airport has all the modern amenities you’d expect at an American airport. Retailers with duty-free items, reading materials, souvenirs and gadgets line the terminals before and after security. Dining options abound with several table-service options and countless fast-food restaurants. Free WiFi is available throughout.
- Getting To/From Denver International Airport: Several companies run affordable shuttles departing regularly for Summit County. Prices start at about $55 one-way. Make reservations in advance. See the ground transportation section for group discounts on airport shuttles. All national car-rental companies have offices in DEN.
- Location: The Eagle County Airport is located on the south side of Interstate 70 in Gypsum at exit 147. The airport is over 60 miles or about 70 minutes west of Summit County. Vail Pass closes intermittently in winter, so check the Colorado Department of Transportation website before leaving.
American provides direct flights from Dallas, New York, Miami, Los Angeles and Chicago.
Continental runs direct flights from Houston and Newark.
Delta provides direct flights from Atlanta and Minneapolis.
United provides direct flights from Denver.
Sky West offers direct flights from Denver.
- Getting To/From Eagle County Airport: Several private shuttle and limo services offer transportation to and from the airport starting at $55/person one-way. Most national car-rental companies have cars available year-round. See the ground transportation section for group discounts on airport shuttles.
Colorado Springs Municipal Airport is the farthest from Breckenridge, but it offers a scenic driving route that skirts Denver’s heavy traffic. This is a nice option for those that have a little extra travel time and plan to rent a car.
SkyWest provides direct flights from Chicago, Minneapolis and Salt Lake City.
American provides direct flights from Dallas.
Allegiant provides direct flights from Las Vegas, Long Beach and Phoenix.
o Delta provides direct flights from Atlanta.
Taxi and shuttle companies don’t regularly service Summit County from Colorado Springs Airport.